- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Raymond Maxwell
Secretary of State John F. Kerry has reinstated four employees implicated in security lapses from last year's terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya, drawing sharp rebukes Tuesday from leading Republicans who said the moves mean nobody has been fired or held accountable.
Republicans on the House Foreign Affairs Committee are calling on Secretary of State John F. Kerry to "detail what personnel actions" the State Department has taken following security failures in the deadly attack on the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya.
Eric Boswell is still on the government payroll, even though he quit his Senate-confirmed post last week after he was singled out in a report on the department's failings in the Sept. 11 terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, the State Department said Thursday.
Key Republican lawmakers on Wednesday embraced the findings of the State Department's internal inquiry into the Sept. 11 terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, even though its long-awaited report stopped short of probing questions of an Obama administration cover-up in the attack's aftermath.
As the only employee suspended from the State Department's Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs to have been placed on administrative leave in the case, Mr. Maxwell has claimed to have had no involvement in decisions related to Benghazi prior to the attacks.
Mr. Maxwell said he received a memo from the State Department's human resources department informing him that his administrative leave status had been lifted and that he should report for duty Tuesday.