- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Rayshawn Ford
The woman whom Delegate Tiffany T. Alston is accused of paying illegally with state funds testified Wednesday that she received the money for legitimate work as a legislative clerk and not for work at the delegate's law firm as prosecutors claim.
Ms. Ford said she spent a few months as a volunteer in the law office, receiving occasional pay for gas or college textbooks.