- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Governor Moonbeam is fit and ready for another re-run
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Rea Carey
Rea Carey, executive director of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, called on the Senate to pass the measure quickly.
"The cruel irony of the Supreme Court's recent marriage decisions is that an LGBT couple could get married one day, and on the very next day, because we still don't have federal laws to ban employment discrimination, those same individuals could be fired from their jobs," Ms. Carey said.