- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
- North Korea warns South: We’ll attack ‘without warning’
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Rebecca Innocenti
The first purchase a pair of wanted thieves made with a credit card from a woman attending church services was an $1,100, 3-month-old Yorkshire Terrier puppy.
A Maryland bowhunter who accidentally shot himself with his own unregistered gunthought he'd help rescuers locate him in the woods by firing off a couple of shots — a signal not appreciated by the helicopter trying to find him.
A handful of roads were closed due to high water or downed trees Monday afternoon as Hurricane Sandy moved into the D.C. area, though the storm was expected to wreak far more havoc on the region into Tuesday.
A woman was in custody after a report Tuesday of shots fired and a collision at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Montgomery County police said.
A 15-year-old Northwood High School student was stabbed in the buttocks by a fellow student, Montgomery County police said.
A 22-year-old man was shot and killed by Montgomery County police after he threatened to shoot himself and then told police he wanted officers to kill him, a spokeswoman said Monday.
Montgomery County officials say a Ride On bus has crashed into house in Silver Spring, but no serious injuries have been reported.
Montgomery County police are looking for a man who fatally shot a woman in Kensington on Tuesday morning.
Human remains discovered in a wooded area near Little Bennett Regional Park in Clarksburg are likely those of missing 11-year-old William McQuain, Montgomery County police said Tuesday.
Police in Montgomery County searched additional parks Monday in Clarksburg and Damascus with the hopes of finding an 11-year-old boy whose mother was discovered slain in her Germantown home.
A Maryland woman found dead inside her home this week had recently expressed concerns about her safety after her estranged husband, an ex-con, had re-entered her life and as their relationship had continued deteriorating, the woman's former boyfriend said Friday.
Innocenti said investigators are hoping someone might recognize the pair or the puppy from the surveillance footage.
County police headed to the wildlife area, along with a Maryland State Police helicopter to help search the heavily forested area from above, Officer Innocenti said.