- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Redistricting Advisory Committee
Latest Redistricting Advisory Committee Items
A new report does not call any Maryland district gerrymandered, it just says the heavily Democrat-leaning state has the nation's least compact congressional districts and focuses a spotlight on the much-maligned district map that voters will have an opportunity get rid of on Election Day.
Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley has issued his version of the state's congressional redistricting map, making only minor changes to the one submitted to him earlier this month by his five-person advisory committee.
McDonnell increases national profile with selected trips; O'Malley names redistricting advisory committee; Fourth weekend deadly; Prince George's tops D.C. in homicides in first six months; Kaine releases second-quarter fundraising figures; Maryland union to collect millions from nonmembers; Pentagon has plan to ease gridlock at Mark Center; Prince George's residents not inspired by potential council replacements for Johnson.