- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
- CDC sees measles spike and ‘failure to vaccinate’
Latest Reed Doughty Items
The Washington Redskins would have been more than content to sit on their 13-point lead going into halftime Sunday. Robert Griffin III had the Superdome quiet and the New Orleans Saints wondering what they could do to change the game.
The trust stops here for Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan.
Reed Doughty knows a coaching moment when he sees it. It's a bit hard to believe, but this will be the seventh NFL season for the sixth-round pick out of Northern Colorado. That makes him the third-longest-tenured member of the Washington Redskins and, by far, the dean of the Redskins' secondary.
Arizona defensive tackle Darnell Dockett has been fined $15,000 by the NFL for hitting Cincinnati quarterback Andy Dalton below the knees last weekend and another $15,000 for a horse-collar tackle on Bengals running back Bernard Scott.
Brandon Banks launched all 5-foot-7, 155 pounds of his body up and barely over the wall behind the end zone at the East end of FedEx Field late Sunday afternoon. The Washington Redskins sparkplug receiver partially disappeared in a sea of delirious fans who joined him in celebrating his game-tying 59-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter.
Hope is an unlikely thing to discover in the middle of the swamps and sprawl of the Meadowlands.
A review of the best and worst performances by the Washington Redskins' defense and some observations after re-watching the TV broadcast of their 34-27 loss to the New England Patriots.
Cornerback DeAngelo Hall is one of the Washington Redskins' captains. Twice during Sundays loss to New England, however, Hall failed to meet the standard of leadership that accompanies that distinction, according to coach Mike Shanahan.
Rob Gronkowski is more than a mismatch.