- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Reed Doughty Items
A review of the best and worst performances by the Washington Redskins' defense and some observations after re-watching the TV broadcast of their 28-14 win over the New York Giants.
Perhaps LaRon Landry learned his lesson about divulging too much injury information. A week after using Twitter to criticize the Washington Redskins training staff, Landry is saying as little as possible about the hamstring injury that held him out of the season opener against the New York Giants.
The Washington Redskins' defense moved on from Sunday's 28-14 win over New York with much to feel good about after holding the Giants scoreless in the second half. Strong safety Reed Doughty, however, returned to work determined to improve on several costly miscues early in the game.
The Redskins' offense was in a lose-lose situation entering Sunday's season-opener against the Giants. Rex Grossman & Co. could have shined against the injury-depleted New York defense and elicited a huge so-what?
A quarter-by-quarter look at the Redskins' 28-14 win over the Giants. Plus, the most pivotal play of the game.
Washington Redskins safety LaRon Landry has been ruled out of Sunday's season opener against the New York Giants because of a hamstring injury.
Tight end Chris Cooley has said for weeks that his ailing left knee would not prevent him from playing in the Washington Redskins' season-opener against the New York Giants. Now that Sunday's kickoff is almost upon us, Cooley isn't saying for sure whether he'll play.
Barry Cofield played against the Washington Redskins 10 times as a member of the New York Giants. After all but one of those games he retreated to a victorious locker room. Dominance in this division rivalry is all he knows.
My observations, analysis and conclusions about the Washington Redskins' defense after re-watching their 34-31 preseason loss to the Baltimore Ravens using the TV broadcast: