- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Topic - reed johnson
Reed Johnson thought the ball might be caught, so he went back to tag at second base.
The Nationals were without star third baseman Ryan Zimmerman for Tuesday's game against the Miami Marlins. And so, for the second game in a row, Washington manager Matt Williams switched second baseman Anthony Rendon to third base in Zimmerman's place and he contributed all over the field in a crisp 5-0 victory at Nationals Park.
After a long drive went just foul, Giancarlo Stanton was determined to at least swing hard.
The benches emptied, and Gomez was ejected for shoving Johnson, a reserve outfielder. Freddie Freeman and reserve catcher Gerald Laird were also ejected.
The Atlanta Braves boosted their rotation and added a right-handed bat to their bench Monday night by acquiring lefty Paul Maholm and outfielder Reed Johnson from the Chicago Cubs.
Catcher Koyie Hill and the Chicago Cubs have agreed to an $850,000, one-year contract, avoiding arbitration.
"If I had it to do over again, obviously I'd just take off in that situation and Hech maybe gets sent right there," Johnson said. "Unfortunately, you look at it on replay, it was clearly over (the outfielder's) head. I wish I would have got a better read. It would have been a different result."
"I feel terrible," said Johnson, who entered the game as a pinch runner.