- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Regina King
When "Southland" returns to TNT on Wednesday, viewers will see the character of Los Angeles police Detective Lydia Adams as a new mom desperately in need of sleep.
Alicia Keys and Dionne Warwick are known for singing pop and R&B, but they'll be honored as black women who "rock" on BET.
Winners of the 43rd annual NAACP Image Awards, presented Friday in Los Angeles:
"It's tiring because as a director you have to be thinking about everything," she said.
"It definitely let me know that I would like to do more episodic TV, it's the opportunity to do little minimovies," she said.