- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
Latest Regnery Publishing Items
Callista Gingrich, wife of former GOP House Speaker and CNN's Crossfire panelist Newt Gingrich, has written three superb children's books on important events in American history.
One spectacle ends, another always follows on the Republican campaign trail: now let the Trump-bashing begin. Billionaire, reality-TV star, talking head and perennial presidential candidate Donald Trump continues to vex those who say his persistent presence in serious politics could gum up the Grand Old Party.
It doesn't take a lot to exacerbate the broiling political crisis in the Middle East, and Beijing's international arm sales pour fuel on the Muslim-Jewish fire. During the Second Lebanon War, a Chinese C-802 anti-ship missile struck Israel's INS Hanit off the Lebanon coast. Four Israeli sailors were killed in the incident - Yoni Hershkovitz from Haifa, Shai Atias from Rishon Letzion, Tal Amgar from Ashdod and Dov Shtienshos from Carmiel. The oldest was 37, the youngest just 19. All of them had families.
One of the most widely believed myths about China today is that market reforms, a growing economy and a purportedly more progressive government are leading to a new age of opportunity. PRC propagandists point out that the country's middle class has grown from nothing a few decades ago to 100 million or so in 2010.
The following is an excerpt from "Bowing to Beijing" (Regnery Publishing, Nov. 14, 2011).
Mutual dependency can guarantee a certain amount of pragmatic behavior by both sides, but there should be no romantic illusions about how the Chinese communists feel about America. "We hate you guys," China Banking Regulatory Commission Director General Luo Ping fumed about the PRC being forced into buying U.S. Treasuries to protect Beijing's massive U.S. debt holdings. "Once you start issuing $1 trillion-$2 trillion ... we know the dollar is going to depreciate, so we hate you guys, but there is nothing much we can do."
The following is an excerpt from "Bowing to Beijing" (Regnery Publishing, Nov. 14, 2011):
Fast-forward more than a decade, to 2011. President Obama's choice for secretary of defense, Leon Panetta, tells the Senate Armed Services Committee at his confirmation hearing that the United States faces a possible "electronic Pearl Harbor." Mr. Panetta had been the CIA director for the previous two years - so he would have known.
I'm addicted to freedom. My band, my crew, my family, my hunting buddies, all my friends, neighbors and fellow hardworking, hard-playing Americans solidly in the asset column will simply have it no other way. There is an American way, and we live it.