- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Reid Bigland
U.S. buyers snapped up new cars and trucks in June at a pace not seen since before the recession.
From minicars to monster pickups, sales of new cars and trucks surged in June, and eased concerns that Americans would be turned off by slower hiring and other scary headlines.
Dodge announced the new 2012 Avenger SE V6 package, developed to be America's most affordable and powerful mid-size car, delivering unprecedented performance and value for driving enthusiasts. The new Avenger SE V6 model has a starting U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of just $21,495 (excluding destination) and is powered by a standard 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine, one of Ward's "10 Best Engines," mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. The 3.6-liter Pentastar engine produces a best-in-class 283 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque while achieving an EPA estimated 29 miles per gallon (mpg) highway, best-in-class for a V-6-powered mid-size sedan.
The year may be young, but Dodge brand vehicles are continuing to gain momentum, earning recognition from both new car buyers and the media, alike.
"The affordability of cars is probably at an all-time high," Chrysler Group sales chief Reid Bigland said last week.
"The Dodge Avenger is one of the fastest growing mid-size cars in America, with sales up 112 percent this year," said Reid Bigland, President and CEO - Dodge Brand. "We're building off this momentum with the introduction of the new SE V6 package, delivering a true no compromise solution for the mid-size car buyer - 283 best-in-class horsepower, 29 mpg highway, 18-inch wheels and a rear spoiler - all for just $21,495 MSRP. You get the power, the efficiency, the look and tremendous value that is unmatched in the segment."