- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Democrats reveal an identity crisis by pretending to be what they're not
Topic - Reid H. Cherlin
"IHI (the Institute for Healthcare Improvement) is clearly the focus of his work, and his leadership there is the reason he was nominated," White House spokesman Reid H. Cherlin said.
"We've always been upfront about that, and we have no reason not to be," he said. "But of course, he is, in fact, a pediatrician. And it's not uncommon for folks of this stature to have adjunct-type affiliations - and, of course, we disclose them."