- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - René Descartes
''We're living in Escher's world it seems / we're wide awake within our dreams." The couplet comes from a CD by the 1990s band Chagall Guevara. The "Escher" they sing about is Maurits Cornelis "M.C." Escher, the 20th-century Dutch artist of impossible visions that appear possible because of their mathematical exactitude.
A backpacker fatally shot a grizzly bear with his handgun in Alaska's Denali National Park, officials said.