- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
Republic Of Ireland
Latest Republic Of Ireland Items
The Irish Republican Army-linked Sinn Fein party says one of its leaders, Martin McGuinness, will meet Queen Elizabeth II next week — a once-unthinkable symbol of progress toward peace in Northern Ireland.
Voters in the tiny principality of Liechtenstein have rejected a proposal to legalize abortion after the country's prince threatened to veto any change in the law.
Undeterred by real or fake bombs, Queen Elizabeth II on Tuesday began the first visit by a British monarch to the Republic of Ireland, a four-day trip to highlight strong Anglo-Irish relations and the success of Northern Ireland peacemaking.
Irish republican terrorists had issued a bomb threat for central London, police said Monday, hours ahead of Queen Elizabeth II's groundbreaking but sensitive visit to Ireland.
As Queen Elizabeth II becomes the first British monarch to make a diplomatic visit to the Republic of Ireland in almost a century, her trip Tuesday also symbolically will mark the official end to Northern Ireland's "Troubles."