- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
Republican Governors Association
Latest Republican Governors Association Items
Republicans are in position to extend their recent gains among governors as they compete for seats they haven't won in a quarter-century.
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, two Republicans eyed for potential White House runs, have been tapped to lead the Republican Governors Association.
Next week's recall election in Wisconsin between Gov. Scott Walker and Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett sets up not only a high-profile battle between the two candidates but a side skirmish between Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell and Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley, chairmen of their parties' governors associations and rising national political stars.
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's Republican Governors Association hauled in a record $44.7 million last year, far outpacing the Democratic Governors Association's $20 million in the latest chapter of Mr. McDonnell's rivalry with Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley.
Giordano talks on morning TV; Source: Cuccinelli set to announce gubernatorial run; Hinkley seeks more at-home time; First family lights National Christmas Tree; Questionable spending of D.C. Council's needy fund; D.C. fire chief seeks to change shifts; McDonnell elected as 2012 RGA chairman; Prosecution rests in Maryland 'robocall' election case.
Now that Texas Gov. Rick Perry is running for president, Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell is taking over as head of the Republican Governors Association.
The Obama administration is challenging Alabama's new immigration law that allows police to detain people they suspect of being illegal immigrants after a traffic stop.
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell has been working to raise his national profile without spending lots of time outside the commonwealth, out-of-state travel records released by his office show.
The directors of media conglomerate News Corp., the owner of Fox News Channel, have quietly put in place a policy to disclose corporate political donations on the company's website.