- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
Republican Governors Association
Latest Republican Governors Association Items
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's Republican Governors Association hauled in a record $44.7 million last year, far outpacing the Democratic Governors Association's $20 million in the latest chapter of Mr. McDonnell's rivalry with Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley.
Virginia Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling, facing a challenge from the right in state Attorney General Kenneth T. Cuccinelli II, finds himself banking on a strong performance from Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney to give him a boost for the 2013 GOP gubernatorial nomination.
Giordano talks on morning TV; Source: Cuccinelli set to announce gubernatorial run; Hinkley seeks more at-home time; First family lights National Christmas Tree; Questionable spending of D.C. Council's needy fund; D.C. fire chief seeks to change shifts; McDonnell elected as 2012 RGA chairman; Prosecution rests in Maryland 'robocall' election case.
New Hampshire Democratic Gov. John Lynch announced Thursday he would not seek re-election to the office he has held for four consecutive terms, clearing the way for GOP jostling for his seat and a scramble in his party to find a new champion.
Take a breather, Iowa and New Hampshire.
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell and Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley sparred Sunday for the first time as leaders of their respective parties' governors associations, drawing clear lines in the sand on federal spending, job growth and President Obama's performance on the economy.
Now that Texas Gov. Rick Perry is running for president, Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell is taking over as head of the Republican Governors Association.
Virginia governor Bob McDonnell, widely considered to be on the short list for a vice-presidential pick next year, is slated to be the keynote speaker at the New Hampshire Republican Party's annual fundraiser Sept. 26 in Concord.
It might be a preview of the months ahead in the GOP presidential race. Texas Gov. Rick Perry, who just got into the race, and Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota, fresh off an Iowa Straw Poll victory, were competing for attention Sunday as their campaign schedules put them at the same event.