- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
Latest Republican Party Items
President Barack Obama may have released his birth certificate this spring to debunk rumors that he was born outside the United States, but old-school crooner Pat Boone maintains that our nation's leader was born in Africa and has shown the world "a Photoshopped fraud."
Texas Gov. Rick Perry has the momentum now, but the calendar may give rival Mitt Romney an advantage over the front-runner if the primary battle for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination turns into a marathon hunt for delegates.
Worried the liberal voice is being drowned out in the presidential campaign, progressive leaders said Monday they want to field a slate of candidates against President Obama in the Democratic primaries to make him stake out liberal stances as he seeks re-election.
GOP leaders say they want to pull the plug on the health care overhaul they call "Obamacare," but that law is arguably less a driver of federal debt than the Medicare drug plan they are defending.
Gov. Rick Perry says that on his watch Texas has created more than 1 million jobs. Former Gov. Mitt Romney touts turning job losses into gains in Massachusetts. Former Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr. boasts that his job-growth credentials in Utah trump them both. But records from recent governors turned president show it's difficult to re-create gubernatorial success on a national level.
A pair of prominent Democrats look to the airwaves Sunday to downplay talk that President Obama's chances of re-election were in serious trouble.
A bill that provides federal funding for the District's courts and other programs got the green light Thursday without any pesky amendments that ruin the city's dreams of full autonomy.
A prominent bioethicist has offered $10,000 to charity if Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann can prove her claim that a vaccination caused mental retardation.
Top state Senate Democrats have piled up big campaign cash reserves for the fierce final sprint to November's legislative election which will determine whether Republicans take total control of policymaking in Virginia.