- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Latest Republican Party Items
Pennsylvania state Republican leaders are pushing to switch from the state's winner-take-all system in presidential elections to a format that would award electoral votes based on the winner of each of the state's 18 individual congressional districts.
The liberal media are President Obama's last hope. His popularity is plummeting. The economy is in crisis. Global recovery has stalled. The Middle East is drifting toward chaos. Even many Democrats concede that Mr. Obama's re-election is in serious jeopardy. Hence, he has only one chance left: Provoke the GOP presidential candidates to tear each other apart.
Barack Obama's troubled presidency was hit hard again this week on several fronts that shook the White House and raised fears in his party of deeper losses in Congress next year.
The House on Thursday passed a controversial GOP measure that calls for curtailing the National Labor Relations Board's enforcement power — a move that would undermine a federal complaint that the Boeing Co. illegally opened a plant in South Carolina.
The Republican-dominated House approved a bill Thursday that would undercut the government's labor dispute with Boeing Co., wading into a case that has angered business groups and become a major political issue in the GOP presidential primary.
Maryland's Democratic Gov. Martin O'Malley has seldom had kind words for Republicans, but he offered praise Thursday for Texas Gov. Rick Perry's immigration policies, praising him for standing up to "thinly-veiled racism" within the GOP ranks.
A new poll shows President Obama's approval rating has dropped in Virginia, a battleground state he won in 2008 and likely will need again to win re-election.
Va. board votes on abortion clinic regulations; Md. assembly may put off gas tax hike; Perry: Americans don't want 'caretaker state'; D.C. spending bill moves through Senate; Michaele Salahi now with Journey guitarist?; Md. businesses got $16M in 9/11-related loans; U. of Md. student sexually assaulted in dorm.
New Hampshire Democratic Gov. John Lynch announced Thursday he would not seek re-election to the office he has held for four consecutive terms, clearing the way for GOP jostling for his seat and a scramble in his party to find a new champion.