- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest Republican Party Items
Disdain for the "tea party" is emerging among some skittish Republican lawmakers, suggests Redstate.com editor Erick Erickson.
Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. says the "tea party" movement is conservative and has very different ideas about government, but it's not a racist organization.
The plagiarism scandal surrounding GOP gubernatorial hopeful Scott McInnis has pushed another familiar Colorado Republican back into the political spotlight.
Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. has a warning for the pundits: Democrats are going to shock everybody with how well they do in the November election.
President Barack Obama says Senate Republicans are playing politics with bills that would extend benefits to the unemployed and increase lending to small businesses.
Gov. Joe Manchin tapped former chief counsel Carte Goodwin, a member of a prominent West Virginia family, to succeed the late U.S. Sen. Robert C. Byrd on Friday.
West Virginia Gov. Joe Manchin III on Friday appointed fellow Democrat and former legal adviser Carte Goodwin to the Senate seat vacated by the death last month of Sen. Robert C. Byrd.
The top Senate Republican said Thursday the GOP is "on a comeback" politically as Democrats scrambled to bury the hatchet after several days of intraparty squabbling over their chances to hold the House in November's elections.
The Senate on Thursday approved and sent to President Obama a landmark bill to rein in unregulated Wall Street markets for the first time while covering America's financial landscape with an intricate thicket of new regulations.