- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Latest Republicans' Stronghold Items
D.C. gambling deal over, but questions remain; Wilder blames fellow Democrats in Virginia Senate for handgun repeal; O'Malley routinely diverts money reserved for transportation; Scandal bills emerge in Maryland assembly; Virginia lawmakers debate teacher tenure; Rep. Wolf asks for delay on Eisenhower Memorial.
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's pledge for big solutions this year to Virginia's perpetual transportation problems has stalled in the House and Senate, with both chambers advancing significantly watered-down versions of his agenda despite Republicans' stronghold on the General Assembly.