- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
Topic - Research Institute
A research institute is an establishment endowed for doing research. Research institutes may specialize in basic research or may be oriented to applied research. Although the term often implies scientific research, there are also many research institutes in the social sciences as well, especially for sociological and historical research purposes such as the Institute of Historical Research. Some research institutes are associated with public education museums such as the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute. - Source: Wikipedia
John Ciempa and his wife, Debra, count their blessings each morning while drinking coffee together in their Lakeland home.
In a nondescript building around the corner from the world's biggest casino, students at the Macau Polytechnic Institute are in class.
Randy Altschuler already had completed orientation for new members of Congress two years ago when his razor-thin lead over Democrat Timothy H. Bishop flipped into a 600-vote loss after a count of all absentee and affidavit ballots. So in this year's rematch to represent eastern Long Island, neither is taking anything for granted.