- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Topic - Reserve Officers Training Corps
Northwestern State University has made a Reserve Officers Training Corps partnership with Louisiana College.
Nearly a third of Reserve Officers Training Corps units at Texas colleges are no longer producing enough officers and are facing federal scrutiny that could lead to cutbacks.
Hundreds of thousands of young men and women graduate from colleges and universities across the land this spring, and a small contingent of them put aside "the college joys" to take up the uniform of their country, many of them as part of the Reserve Officers Training Corps - ROTC, or "Rot-C," as it's called on many campuses.