- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Reserve Officers Training Corps
Nearly a third of Reserve Officers Training Corps units at Texas colleges are no longer producing enough officers and are facing federal scrutiny that could lead to cutbacks.
Just before former Massachusetts Gov. Argeo Paul Cellucci announced publicly that he had amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, he told the chancellor at the University of Massachusetts Medical School that he was determined to do something to turn the diagnosis into a positive.
Hundreds of thousands of young men and women graduate from colleges and universities across the land this spring, and a small contingent of them put aside "the college joys" to take up the uniform of their country, many of them as part of the Reserve Officers Training Corps - ROTC, or "Rot-C," as it's called on many campuses.
Dear Sgt. Shaft: I just read your response (July 30, 2007) to Donald about ROTC [Reserve Officers Training Corps] Summer Camp counting for Civil Service Retirement. My problem is that I do not have pay voucher or orders documenting my attendance. DFAS [Defense Finance and Accounting Services] and ROTC Brigade haven’t been able to help. Do you know where I can get copies of required information? Also, will ROTC Summer Camp count toward reserve retirement?