- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
Latest Reserve Items
Dear Sgt Shaft: My husband is military -- six years active duty Marine Corps and 13 National Guard Reserve. He is currently receiving a medical military discharge for a back injury sustained during his last activation for deployment.
Dear Sgt. Shaft: Hi, my name is David W., and I was merchant marine in Vietnam in late 1969 and went up and down the rivers. I had Hodgkin lymphoma and kidney cancer. Where can I get help. Thank you.
As the Iraq and Afghanistan wars persist, some employers are becoming increasingly resistant to rehire service members who return from active duty as federal law requires, legal analysts say.