- Mass. police award 3-year-old girl for saving pregnant mother
- Sen. Barrasso: ‘Nothing flies, nothing shoots, nothing works’ in Ukrainian military
- RNC ‘autopsy’ authors: ‘Tremendous progress’ from a year ago
- Gun control groups turn to private sector to push crackdowns
- Study to test ‘chocolate’ pills for heart health
- Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay arrested for DWI
- Obama, Abbas to meet Monday morning regarding peace talks
- Guinness quits New York’s St. Patrick’s Day parade over gay march prohibition
- RNC goes on offensive with ad buys in 14 targeted states
- Saudi Arabia bans 50 ‘blasphemous’ baby names — like Benjamin
Latest Rfk Stadium Items
Perry Kitchen stood in the D.C. United locker room Saturday night shaking his head in disbelief.
By the time Blake Brettschneider found out he would be kicking off his professional soccer career with D.C. United, the University of South Carolina product had endured waiting through five rounds and 75 picks over the course of two separate drafts.
It's difficult to look at Charlie Davies and not dwell on the deep scar that runs from ear to ear across the top of his skull, a reminder of the night he nearly died.
Exhibition games don't really count for much - not like league games. But these friendly games are sometimes a chance for a rookie player to show off his skills and make some memories.
The confidence is back, and he no longer is hurting. D.C. United attacking midfielder Chris Pontius finally is where he wants to be, running at opposing players and stamping his mark on games.
When D.C. United acquired veteran striker Josh Wolff from Sporting Kansas City in December, coach Ben Olsen and the D.C. brass knew exactly what kind of player they were getting.
For the moment, D.C. United has stopped the bleeding. The club also may have found its creative spark.
Listed at 6 feet 3 inches, 225 pounds, D.C. United goalkeeper Bill Hamid presents an imposing figure between the posts. The shot-stopper's reputation as a fiery, vocal competitor who wears his emotion on his sleeve only enhances the effect.
D.C. United scrambled to salvage a tie Saturday against Los Angeles at RFK Stadium, collecting a point and ending a two-game losing streak.