- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Topic - Rhonda Fields
Texas Panhandle residents forced to evacuate by raging wildfires last weekend returned to their homes Wednesday, many finding little to salvage and waiting for insurance adjusters.
Rhonda Fields smelled something burning and just thought her husband had already lit the grill for the family's steak dinner.
Colorado lawmakers are trying to crack down on various types of online harassment with proposals that would classify crimes of the Internet age.
Colorado gun-rights advocates, furious about last week's signing of three hotly debated gun control bills, are launching recall drives against at least four Democratic legislators and possibly the governor.
The Colorado House approved four gun-control bills Monday after lobbying by the White House and in spite of warnings that they would drive firearms and ammunition manufacturers out of the state.
"It's not just about your product, it's about keeping our public safe and keeping these products out of the hands of kids," said Democratic state Rep. Rhonda Fields. "Because at this point, we are seeing trends, and as an elected official, I have a responsibility to make sure that the things that I do are to support good public policy as it relates to public safety."
Fields said the destruction of their home is the second time in five years the family had lost their belongings.