- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Rich Hill
Red Sox pitcher Rich Hill starts spring training with a heavy heart.
The $103 million investment the Boston Red Sox made in Daisuke Matsuzaka took another hit Friday when manager Terry Francona said the right-hander probably will need elbow surgery.
But, he said, an MRI showed the ligament "was like 3/4 torn."
Asked if Gill had recommended surgery, Hill said, "With the ligament torn 3/4 of the way and to be able to pitch again at this level it's going to have to be something that's highly recommended.'