- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
- North Korea warns South: We’ll attack ‘without warning’
- Congress sends sweeping defense bill to Obama
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London’s Apollo theatre during performance
- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Richard Cloward
I recently had a nice conversation with my friend, ultra-left-wing comedian Bill Maher. He wants me back on his television program to explain why I am so angry with the Obama administration's policies.
A George Soros-funded pressure group is behind a new drive to teach Democratic congressmen how to smear their opponents as racist.
One has to wonder if congratulations are in order for President Obama. The U.S. economy is in ruins, the country in crisis, the world in chaos. Was this all a purposeful plan, or is Mr. Obama simply an inexperienced, incompetent, bumbling Inspector Clouseau in the White House?
If you promote violent leftist insurrection for a living, should you be surprised when anonymous members of the public threaten you with violence?
The poor make progress only "when the rest of society is afraid of them," he explained.
The poor have every reason to revolt, Cloward said later, because they would benefit more than other groups "from a major upheaval in our society."