- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
- Florida cops ticket toddler in toy convertible: report
- Kerry warns of ‘very serious’ response to Crimea-Russia alliance
- Fla. Rep. Alan Grayson’s wife drops restraining order against him
- McDonald’s lawsuits filed over wages ‘stolen’ like Hamburglar steals Big Macs
- HUMPHRIES: Fight like a Democrat – An open letter to Sen. Mitch McConnell
- Florida board member shocks with ‘Heil Hitler’ salute at town meeting
- Bill O’Reilly, Chris Matthews inducted into Irish America Hall of Fame
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
Topic - Richard Ferlauto
NEW YORK (AP) — Private-equity powerhouse Blackstone Group LP said yesterday that Chief Executive Officer Stephen Schwarzman made $400 million in 2006 — almost double the combined compensation for the CEOs of Wall Street's five biggest investment banks.
"It is a really surprising number," said Richard Ferlauto, director of pension and investment policy for the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, about Mr. Schwarzman's compensation package. "There's a concentration of the superwealthy that is being created in the financial services marketplace that is unhealthy for the rest of the economy."