- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Richard G. Sterne Jr.
D.C. Fire Chief Kenneth Ellerbe is seeking to demote a battalion chief who reprimanded, rather than suspended, two firefighters after a high-profile September incident in which beer was found in a fire station.
"I've been making life-and-death kind of decisions for thousands of incidents and no one has ever doubted my judgment before," he said.
"My job is to get all the facts and consider all that," Chief Sterne said. "That's what I did."