- DCCC chair hopes Alex Sink will run again in November
- U.S., allies threaten ‘further action’ against Russia
- Obama to order businesses to hike overtime pay for salary workers
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- NATO sends surveillance planes to watch Ukraine
- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
Topic - Richard Gelfond
What better market is there for the world's biggest movie screens than the country with the world's biggest population?
IMAX Corp. announced plans Thursday to open 75 more theaters in China within four years in partnership with Wanda Cinemas, the country's largest theater operator, underscoring the Chinese movie industry's rapid expansion.
"For any U.S. film companies doing business in China, it's an important development," Mr. Gelfond said.
"This is the first time they've set up a separate bucket to let Imax films into the country," Mr. Gelfond said. "It will help us get more movies in China. I'm confident it will be more."