- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
Richard L. Saslaw
Latest Richard L. Saslaw Items
Just as Virginia Democrats were rounding out their statewide ticket for the fall elections this week, their party standard-bearer, Terry McAuliffe, was objecting to a rule for the first scheduled gubernatorial debate that would allow the candidates to ask each other one question.
By a single Senate vote, Virginia's General Assembly on Wednesday approved Gov. Bob McDonnell's amendment to ban abortion coverage from being sold through a new federally run health insurance exchange.
Virginia's Republican House speaker on Wednesday ruled against a measure muscled through by Senate Republicans to redraw all 40 state Senate districts, defusing a partisan dispute that had threatened to stymie progress on major legislation.
Gov. Bob McDonnell’s transportation-funding package won a Senate committee’s endorsement Thursday despite the reservations of some of his fellow Republicans and outright opposition from Democrats.
State Senate Republicans muscled a surreptitious redraft of Virginia's 40 Senate districts to passage Monday by a single vote over bitter objections from Democrats who were blindsided by the surprise move.
Dozens of Southside Virginia proponents of uranium mining arrived by bus at the Capitol on Thursday as lawmakers provided more details on proposed legislation that would end a 1980s state moratorium on mining the ore used in nuclear power reactors.
Democratic leaders in the Virginia Senate on Tuesday again urged Republican Gov. Bob McDonnell to call a special session to discuss how the state will address the federal health care overhaul.
Democratic leaders in the Virginia Senate on Tuesday once again urged Republican Gov. Bob McDonnell to call a special session to discuss how the state will address the federal health care overhaul.