- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Richard P. "Dickie" Bell
Latest Richard P. "Dickie" Bell Items
A significant piece of Gov. Bob McDonnell's 2012 education agenda died at the hands of the Virginia Senate Thursday, as the body voted 23-17 to send a bill that would make it easier to fire new teachers and principals back to committee, killing it for the year.
House Republicans on Monday morning pre-emptively protested the Virginia Education Association and the Virginia PTA, touting their own education proposals that have been roundly denounced by the teachers' groups, which later gathered for their traditional "lobby day" at the Capitol.