- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- Dutch receiving Malaysia plane bodies irked at Putin’s daughter in Holland
- Algerian airplane goes missing over Mali: ‘Emergency plan’ launched
- Colorado judge strikes voter-backed gay marriage ban, but issues stay
- Brooklyn Bridge flag-swapping suspects identified by nickname
- Christian woman in Sudan spared for apostasy flies to Italy
- Iraq: 60 dead in attack on prisoner convoy
- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
Topic - Richard Sterne
Capsules of the Sunday matches at the Presidents Cup:
The Presidents Cup ended Sunday the same way it always goes _ an American celebration after Tiger Woods delivered the winning point.
The Presidents Cup ended Sunday the same way it always goes — an American celebration after Tiger Woods delivered the winning point.
A battalion chief with the District's fire department has received orders he will be demoted to the rank of captain next month as a result of his handling of the punishment of two firefighters who were faulted for allowing beer in their firehouse.
D.C. Fire Chief Kenneth Ellerbe is seeking to demote a battalion chief who reprimanded, rather than suspended, two firefighters after a high-profile September incident in which beer was found in a fire station.
A lawyer representing Chief Sterne said he intends to file an appeal on the matter with the District's Office of Employee Appeals.
Based on the fire department's disciplinary procedures, the harshest punishment Chief Sterne could have handed down was a 72-hour suspension, he said.