- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Topic - Richard Sterne
Capsules of the Sunday matches at the Presidents Cup:
The Presidents Cup ended Sunday the same way it always goes _ an American celebration after Tiger Woods delivered the winning point.
The Presidents Cup ended Sunday the same way it always goes — an American celebration after Tiger Woods delivered the winning point.
A battalion chief with the District's fire department has received orders he will be demoted to the rank of captain next month as a result of his handling of the punishment of two firefighters who were faulted for allowing beer in their firehouse.
D.C. Fire Chief Kenneth Ellerbe is seeking to demote a battalion chief who reprimanded, rather than suspended, two firefighters after a high-profile September incident in which beer was found in a fire station.
Chief Sterne said the order to demote him would cost him an estimated $12,000 in annual pay.
Chief Sterne said he hopes his response to the demotion notice will result in reconsideration.