- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional
- As fighting in Gaza rages on, Kerry battles hapless bumbler perception
- New Englander Scott Brown turns his gaze to the U.S. border crisis
- Toronto’s Rob Ford takes rehabbed self to kids’ playground for political props
Latest Rick Barnes Items
Texas coach Rick Barnes was impressed with Michigan's outside shooting. He just didn't think it was the biggest factor in the game.
The shot was long, and it smacked hard off the glass in the final seconds. That's when big Cameron Ridley, standing every bit of 6-foot-9 and 285 pounds, reached down, picked up the ball and put it in as time expired.
When Rick Barnes took over at Providence, he heard the same thing over and over again. It was uniform praise for a young graduate assistant named Herb Sendek, and the hope that he would remain on the basketball staff with the Friars.
The list of winners of The Associated Press Big 12 men's basketball Coach of the Year award as chosen annually by a panel of sports writers and broadcasters:
Texas Tech ended its 3-point drought when it mattered most, sinking two in the final 2 minutes on Saturday to secure its first win against Texas since 2008.
Isaiah Cousins has made it a recent focus to play aggressive on both ends of the basketball court and try to be more consistent. The result has been a boon for the Sooners.
With one look at the stat sheet, Texas coach Rick Barnes pinpointed the difference between the Longhorns and Oklahoma on Saturday.
With the NCAA tournament just about a month away, teams are going to lean on their stars more than ever.
Texas coach Rick Barnes thought the Longhorns weren't tough enough early or smart enough late to beat Iowa State.