- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Rick Nash Items
Including Game 6 and 7 of last year's playoffs, the Capitals have been blanked by Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist three straight times.
Thanks to a strong showing from rookie goaltender Philipp Grubauer to go along with a three-goal second period, the Captials defeated the Rangers 4-1 at Madison Square Garden.
After an hour-long spin on the Madison Square Garden ice, New York Rangers forward Rick Nash is ready to practice with his teammates and could rejoin the lineup soon.
In a span of five days, John Tortorella went from out of the playoffs to out of a job.
Tortorella was unexpectedly dismissed Wednesday with one year left on his contract. He led the Rangers to the Eastern Conference finals last year and into the second round this year before New York was eliminated in five games by the Boston Bruins.
John Tortorella was defiant in stating that the New York Rangers didn't take a step back when they were knocked out of the Stanley Cup playoffs in the second round.
Going into Monday night's deciding Game 7, Nash had just one assist amid plenty of speculation that he's playing through injury.
Against a team with a more functional power play, Washington would already be done. The Rangers are 2-for-26 with the man advantage (including 0-for-3 when up five-on-three) through six games.
Replays showed Ovechkin, Nicklas Backstrom and Marcus Johansson made mistakes on the play that led to Derek Stepan's goal at the 13:35 mark of the third period Monday night.