- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
Latest Rick Pitino Items
An ex-husband of a woman accused of demanding millions from Rick Pitino to keep quiet about their one-night stand has told jurors that his former wife turned down a plea deal because she wanted revenge.
The tangled relationship among Rick Pitino, his personal assistant and the assistant's wife was thrown back into public view during the woman's extortion trial this week.
Rick Pitino asked a longtime aide to give $3,000 to a woman now accused of trying to extort millions from the Louisville men's basketball coach after she claimed Pitino got her pregnant in a one-night fling at a restaurant, the aide testified.
A longtime aide to Rick Pitino told jurors that the Louisville men's basketball coach asked him to give $3,000 to a woman who said the coach got her pregnant in a one-night fling at a restaurant.
Karen Cunagin Sypher's former attorney told jurors at her extortion trial he had sexual relations with the former model before writing a letter to Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino demanding $10 million.
Rick Pitino never said a woman who claimed the Louisville basketball coach got her pregnant after a one-night stand had to get an abortion but did advise she "go out of town" to get medical care, his longtime aide told a jury Friday.
Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino is used to answering questions from reporters.
Rick Pitino, worried that his wife and kids would find out he had a one-night stand with a woman he met in a bar, acknowledged Thursday that he didn't immediately tell police about demands for cars, cash and housing in order to keep the tryst secret.
Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino has finished testifying in the case of a woman who demanded millions from him after a sexual tryst, saying he didn't immediately report threatening phone calls because he didn't want his family to find out.