- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
Latest Rick Items
A federal judge on Monday sentenced former Rep. Rick Renzi to three years in prison for convictions on public corruption, money laundering and other charges.
She chose life when she put her son up for adoption. Her son is the starting quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers, Colin Kaepernick. He chose abortion, preferring an easier life for himself over the life of his child. He has two children now, but he’s glad he and his then-girlfriend aborted their child, because they weren’t ready to be parents.
When the Washington Capitals' season ended in 2010 with a stunning first-round loss to the Montreal Canadiens, general manager George McPhee faced the question. After Bruce Boudreau's run-and-gun Caps dominated the NHL for most of the regular season, it was all over in seven games. No Stanley Cup, no nothing. If the best team in franchise history can't win it all, how soon until the "window of opportunity" closes on Alex Ovechkin, Nicklas Backstrom and the Capitals?
Gov. Rick Snyder put a new emergency-manager law on the books in Michigan on Thursday, weeks after voters repealed a version that gave sweeping powers to a single person to overhaul financially distressed communities.
Mary Laver, wife of tennis great Rod Laver, has died after a long illness. She was 84.
Fans of the Broadway hit "Newsies" might be forgiven for doing a double take these days.
Washington Nationals manager Davey Johnson was at home Monday night, watching highlight film of Lucas Giolito dance across his television screen when the phone rang. It was general manager Mike Rizzo calling to let Johnson know the team had just tabbed Giolito, a high school right-hander, with their first pick in the draft.
While some Democrats have made it clear that they would rather not be seen with President Obama on the campaign trail this fall, likely Republican nominee Mitt Romney doesn't appear to face the same problem.
BREAKING NEWS: Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum on Tuesday suspended his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination, clearing a path for Mitt Romney to become the nominee.