- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Rob Chudzinski
The New England Patriots must get used to playing without Rob Gronkowski again.
Gronkowski was hurt midway through the third quarter of the Patriots' 27-26 win over the Cleveland Browns on Sunday when he was hit on the knee by safety T.J. Ward after a 21-yard reception.
The defending Super Bowl champion Ravens are wobbling. Cleveland's Jason Campbell threw three touchdown passes — two to Davone Bess — and the Browns ended an 11-game losing streak against Baltimore, beating the Ravens 24-18 on Sunday.
Coach Rob Chudzinski said the choice to go with Campbell was based on "consistency and production." Chudzinksi said the bottom line is that Campbell, who has made 71 career starts in the NFL, gives the Browns the best chance against the unbeaten Chiefs.
Jason Campbell didn't get passed over a second time. He's all Cleveland has left.
Brian Hoyer, the hometown quarterback who sparked his Cleveland Browns to two straight wins, will miss the rest of the season with a torn right knee ligament.
Brian Hoyer's story, seemingly pulled from a Disney movie script, took a cruel turn.
Week 3. Quarterback No. 3.
Not long ago, Trent Richardson was viewed as a cornerstone for Cleveland's future.
Week 3. Quarterback No. 3.
The Browns, struggling on offense under new coach Rob Chudzinski, announced the move Wednesday afternoon. They will also bring in veteran running back Willis McGahee for a physical.
Brandon Weeden has been named the Browns' starting quarterback.
It's Brandon Weeden's job _ fair and square.
Barkevious Mingo couldn't catch his breath and didn't think much of it. Then, the rookie linebacker coughed up blood and realized he needed help.
Browns rookie linebacker Barkevious Mingo has been hospitalized with a bruised lung.
"From my vantage point, I think he was trying to get Gronkowski down on the ground," Chudzinski said.
Cleveland coach Rob Chudzinski said Monday he didn't know whether Ward's hit on Gronkowski resulted from a reluctance to hit a player high and possibly incur a fine for helmet-first contact.