- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Latest Rob Hawkins Items
The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority's expenditure of $88 million in overtime pay largely because of its inability to find qualified job applicants and a lack of D.C. residents in its workforce is troublesome to two members of the D.C. Council, who said Metro has to do more to correct those and other problems.
D.C. Council member Muriel Bowser has scheduled a "working group" session to make good on her promise to hear out her fellow legislators' concerns ahead of a final vote on sweeping ethics legislation before the end of the year.