- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
President Obama can't even organize a proper whitewash
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Rob Pincus
Longtime gun writer and TV host Dick Metcalf was dismissed from Guns & Ammo magazine after penning an article for the periodical in which he wrote that the constitutional right to bear arms is subject to regulation, including state-required training for those seeking to carry a concealed handgun.
Piers Morgan is leading the liberal media and Hollywood in another ignorant attack of the National Rifle Association (NRA).
"He provided a great service to the firearms community as a reviewer of guns. But he has been in this industry a long time. The opinions he expressed in this piece were fundamental, not a misunderstanding about a piece of equipment like in the Zumbo situation," Mr. Pincus said. "This could be awfully hard to recover from."
Rob Pincus, a TV host who has worked with Mr. Metcalf, says that this sort of response to an endorsement of firearms regulation is to be expected.