- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Latest Rob Portman Items
Ohio's Republican senator plans a forum on harmful algal blooms such as those that have plagued its largest inland lake.
Ohio's U.S. senators and other members of the state's congressional delegation are pushing for extension of a health coverage tax credit they say is particularly important for Delphi salaried retirees.
Republican Sen. Rob Portman said Thursday that lawmakers should tread warily in sizing up a Democrat-led proposal to raise the minimum wage to $10.10 an hour, citing economic conditions and a new report that says the hike could kill a half-million jobs.
Senate Democrats rewrote their unemployment benefit extension plan Thursday, ignoring Republicans' pleas for a full debate and instead offering a take-it-or-leave-it proposal that would pay for nearly a year's worth of additional benefits now by promising broad budget cuts more than a decade in the future.
The ranking Republican on the Senate Finance Committee said Wednesday he will support President Obama's nominee to become the next head of the scandal-plagued IRS — an announcement that bodes well for John Koskinen's confirmation by the Senate.
The Senate added stronger protection for religious organizations Wednesday to a bill that would prohibit workplace discrimination against gay, bisexual and transgender Americans, though religious conservatives called the measure insufficient and its fate in the House remains doubtful.
Sen. Rob Portman said Sunday the "greatest act of bipartisanship" over the last few decades has been both parties "over-promising and overspending."
Sodomy is the latest hot thing in Washington. You don't have to participate in it to think how cool it is. The love that dare not speak its name has become the passion that shouts from the housetops. Closets are emptying all over town.
Over the past few weeks, the "war on marriage" has turned into a blitzkrieg.