- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Robert B. Silvers
Latest Robert B. Silvers Items
The cleverest thing about this book is what it's called: It's always a neat trick when, by altering just one word in a well-known title, you can achieve the most apt one for your own.
We're all familiar with biographies - and even the occasional works of fiction like "The Forsyte Saga" - that have family trees to help us figure out who's who. This memoir could sure use one, but then again, its author, burdened as she is by heredity and experience, might have been hard put at various times in her life to provide an accurate one.