- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Robert Champion Items
One of the former Florida A&M University band members connected to the death of drum major Robert Champion has been sentenced to four years in prison for violating his probation in another case.
Trustees who oversee Florida A&M University are divided over a contract for the school's new president.
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — The remaining six defendants charged in the hazing death of a former Florida A&M drum major are set to appear in court.
Your daily look at news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A judge on Friday set a June trial date for the remaining six defendants charged in the hazing death of a former Florida A&M drum major.
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida A&M University trustees, seeking to shake up an institution that has been beset by scandals and administrative problems during the last decade, turned Thursday to a complete outsider to lead the institution.
Florida A&M University's famed band made its first appearance in a football stadium in nearly 22 months on Sunday after the 2011 hazing death of a drum major.
On the first Sunday after a fertilizer plant explosion leveled part of this tiny Texas town, the Rev. John Crowder stood atop a long flatbed overlooking a hayfield and spoke to his congregation.
The findings from a year-long investigation show that Florida A&M University officials failed to follow state laws and regulations on hazing.