- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
Robert E. Andrews
Latest Robert E. Andrews Items
The Republican rift over Obamacare spilled onto the Senate floor Thursday during an ugly debate in which Sen. Ted Cruz questioned a colleague's knowledge of Senate rules and Sen. Bob Corker retorted that Mr. Cruz was putting his political ambitions ahead of his party and the country.
The House Ethics Committee said Tuesday it has begun investigations of two veteran lawmakers accused of misusing or failing to report campaign money.
President Obama on Wednesday renominated two Democratic members of the National Labor Relations Board whose recess appointments were ruled unconstitutional — the same day House Republicans moved to temporarily shut down the agency.
Congress is daring President Obama to veto the annual defense policy bill after negotiators struck a deal Tuesday that would continue to prohibit him from transferring suspected terrorist detainees out of Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, for another year.
After accusing President Obama of keeping his real second-term agenda out of the public eye, Mitt Romney found himself on the receiving end of a similar line of attack from Democrats, who said the former Massachusetts governor is the one hiding his true political colors.
House Republicans powered their 2013 budget through their chamber Thursday, marking the high point for the $3.5 trillion spending plan, which would have created a deficit of nearly $800 billion next year.
Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney's Mormon faith is likely to be a factor in the primary elections, but not the general election, says a Pew Research Center survey released Wednesday.
Nearly everyone in Congress says President Obama has mishandled the war in Libya, but that's as far as the consensus goes — members of the Senate and, in particular, the House have struggled to find unity on ways to rein in his actions.
House Speaker John A. Boehner on Tuesday joined President Obama and a chorus of other Democrats in suggesting that Rep. Anthony D. Weiner, New York Democrat, resign, while a member of Mr. Weiner's state congressional delegation said she expects him to quit soon.