- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Latest Robert Gates Items
Robert Gates, the new president of the Boy Scouts of America, said Friday that he would have moved last year to allow openly gay adults in the organization but said he opposes any further attempts to address the policy now.
The new leader of the Boy Scouts of America said Friday that he would allow gay adults as Scout leaders, but would not re-open talks on the issue he says "left us divided, distracted and defensive."
Former Defense Secretary Robert Gates was confirmed Thursday as the Boy Scouts of America's new president, taking over one of the nation's largest youth organizations as it fights a membership decline and debates its policy toward gays.
The Boy Scouts of America is expected to formally confirm former Defense Secretary Robert Gates as its new president.
Over the next month, two of President Barack Obama's closest first-term advisers will spill insider details on the administration's handling of the early days of the recession, the White House's cautious response to Syria and the genesis of clandestine talks with Iran.
Former U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates is returning to his hometown later this month to talk about his new book.
The Journal Inquirer of Manchester (Conn.), March 12, 2014
Former Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Sunday the Obama administration's attempts to deter Russia from further aggression in Ukraine and across the region are likely to fail.
Robert Gates and his wife Becky took a road trip last summer, driving from their home in Skagit County to Glacier National Park in Montana. For many, that would be a typical summer vacation, but for the Gateses, it was remarkable.