- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Robert Griffin Iii
Latest Robert Griffin Iii Items
With a steady rain slightly delaying the scheduled start by a half hour and subsiding only with roughly 30 minutes remaining, Griffin and his Redskins teammates had to slog through less-than-ideal conditions for their first practice since the end of offseason workouts in mid-June.
Robert Griffin III is well aware that there is a lot of work involved in being an NFL quarterback.
What will be most important for Griffin during training camp and the preseason, Jay Gruden said, will be the repetitions he'll receive in practice. Griffin said his greatest mental development during the offseason was his ability to learn the playbook, but it will be up to him to now show that he's been able to handle it.
Jay Gruden said that Robert Griffin III, like every quarterback, will be working on the mental aspect of the game for his entire career.
It's no secret that at times in his two year NFL career, there has been too much exposure to RG3. So what's the best plan for Griffin?
While this Redskins campaign does not lack for story lines, two stand out: RG3's return to form, and the addition of wide receiver DeSean Jackson.
Redskins depth chart analysis: We know who the top two quarterbacks will be. We also know the third QB--if there is is one.
Jay Gruden said that he doesn't anticipate any issues in his relationship with Robert Griffin III -- as long as they win.
30 Questions: Robert Griffin III had a severe case of a sophomore slump to follow up his stellar rookie season. Will he bounce back in 2014?