- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Robert Griffin Iii
Latest Robert Griffin Iii Items
Even after Kirk Cousins took over late, Robert Griffin III is not concerned about losing the starting job.
Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan decided to sit starting quarterback Robert Griffin III and put in backup Kirk Cousins during a blowout to KC.
With rumors swirling about coach Mike Shanahan's future with the team, the Redskins put forth their worst effort of the season in a blowout loss to Kansas City.
Cousins completed 7 of 16 passes for 59 yards, with his longest pass a 15-yard completion to wide receiver Joshua Morgan on his second attempt. He fumbled two plays later when he was sacked by Chiefs outside linebacker Frank Zombo, losing 15 yards as the Redskins recovered.
The Chiefs improved to 10-3 by dominating an opponent that offered little resistance. They scored on their first four possessions, sacked Robert Griffin III five times and Kirk Cousins once, and returned a punt and a kickoff for touchdowns.
According to a media report, some in the Redskins' front office believe that the relationship between Dan Snyder and Mike Shanahan is damaged beyond repair.
Mike Shanahan nearly resigned as coach after the season ended due to tensions over Dan Snyder's treatment of RG3. For more on this story watch Redskins Post Game Live on CSN after the Chiefs game.
Kansas City Chiefs players believe the blowout win over the Redskins stemmed from dominant special teams, not from a lack of effort from Washington.
Robert Griffin III is clearly growing frustrated with the continuing controversy swirling around the Redskins this year.