- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Robert Griffin Iii
Latest Robert Griffin Iii Items
London Fletcher's streak of 231 regular-season NFL games played could be in jeopardy Sunday. The Washington Redskins middle linebacker missed Wednesday's practice with balance problems to go with a sore right hamstring suffered in last Sunday's loss to the New York Giants.
Robert Griffin III says he doesn't hold himself to a "rookie type of mindset."
Robert Griffin III's first seven NFL games have been filled with memorable moments. Sunday was no exception, considering his fourth-down scramble to keep a drive alive and his perfect 30-yard throw to Santana Moss that gave the Washington Redskins a late lead.
Robert Griffin III sat on a sofa, working the controls of a new video game, the always-present dog tags and fiance's high school ring dangling from his neck. His speech is flush with self-confidence. He is fully aware of what he's done and what he means to the Washington Redskins, just seven games into his career.
The New York Giants are lauding what Robert Griffin III can do now _ and worried what he will do to them in the future.
Robert Griffin III trudged off the field alone late Sunday afternoon. All but one of his Washington Redskins teammates had disappeared into the locker room after the New York Giants ripped out their collective heart in the cruelest fashion.
The Washington Redskins were 1:32 away from seizing control of the NFC East with a come-from-behind road victory against the New York Giants. But 13 seconds later, Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz scored a 77-yard touchdown to put New York up for good. Santana Moss' fumble, as Robert Griffin III tried to lead another comeback drive, sealed the deal in the Redskins' 27-23 loss to drop their record to 3-4.
Despite doing so many things worth getting excited about, the Redskins still managed to lose to the Giants. A loss like this serves as a reminder that RG3 needs more help if he and the Redskins are going to be all they can be. And how long will it take that help to arrive?
In a slightly different world, Santana Moss would face the bright TV lights and microphones thrust inches from his face and relive the happy instant when the game-winning touchdown found his hands.