- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Robert Griffin Iii
Latest Robert Griffin Iii Items
A quarter-by-quarter recap of the Redskins' 38-26 win against the Vikings.
A week after Robert Griffin III sustained a concussion so "mild" he forgot the quarter and score, the Washington Redskins' rookie quarterback resumed his scrambling, swashbuckling ways Sunday.
Let's face it, the Redskins were one needy ballclub when they kicked off at FedEx Field against the Minnesota Vikings.
The fans wearing white and burgundy jerseys jumped and hollered as Robert Griffin III tucked the ball and ignited the afterburners in those magic legs of his. They had waited almost 13 months for their beloved Washington Redskins to give them something to cheer. And as Griffin blazed past the defense 76 yards into the end zone, they finally had it.
The Minnesota Vikings, 3-13 a year ago, are no joke this season. Leading the NFC North, their improvement is staked on a lot, not the least of which is the rapid development of quarterback Christian Ponder.
Five questions to keep in mind when Washington visits Minnesota.
When Robert Griffin III lay on the turf Sunday, concussed by the hit of a charging linebacker, it was easy to overlook the secondary problem that resulted from the play. Not only was Griffin lost for the game with a head injury, but the Washington Redskins also had failed to convert another third down.
Quarterback Robert Griffin III practiced Thursday for the second straight day, the latest step in his recovery from a concussion suffered Sunday in the Washington Redskins' loss to Atlanta.
During their dismal first season, the Atlanta Falcons' mascot _ a real bird _ apparently decided he had seen enough bad football.