- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
- U.S. Navy admiral ‘receptive’ to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
- Islamic State orders female genital mutilation for Mosul girls, U.N. says
- U.N. school in Gaza caught in cross-fire; 15 killed
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
Robert Griffin Iii
Latest Robert Griffin Iii Items
Robert Griffin III will wear a headset instead of a helmet during the Washington Redskins' preseason finale Wednesday night against Tampa Bay. Coach Mike Shanahan plans to sideline his starters to preserve their health and to allow them to begin focusing on the regular-season opener at New Orleans on Sept. 9.
Alfred Morris had a good reason to be upbeat inside Soldier Field's visitor's locker room nine days ago, but he focused elsewhere.
Robert Griffin III knelt near the 20-yard line after Santana Moss surged into the end zone Saturday afternoon. The Washington Redskins' new franchise quarterback had thrown a touchdown in front of the home fans for the first time. It was time to celebrate.
It's been four months since the Washington Redskins took Robert Griffin III with the second pick in the draft, and they still haven't unwrapped the package.
Andrew Luck stepped up in the pocket to avoid the rush, then put a deep ball down the left side into the arms of fellow rookie T.Y. Hilton for a 31-yard touchdown, wrapping up an 80-yard drive.
Robert Griffin III wants you to understand, despite the $35 commemorative T-shirt the Washington Redskins are selling and despite the national telecast, it's not Andrew Luck against him Saturday afternoon. He will play against the Indianapolis Colts' defense in his home debut, and he'll be on the sideline when Luck faces the Redskins' defense.
It's bad enough that sports journalists around the country are shredding the Washington Nationals for the Shutdown Stephen Strasburg project. Most local media, however, seem to agree with the decision, probably due to our proximity and our inherent interest in the team's long-term planning.
Kirk Cousins knows his role behind Robert Griffin III. Unless Griffin gets injured, it's hard to see the fourth-round pick out of Michigan State even getting into a game this season for the Washington Redskins. With that in mind, the preseason is essential for Cousins.
Much helium figures to be pumped into the balloon before Robert Griffin III and Andrew Luck swap spirals Saturday night. Of course, in these situations, some hype can't be helped.