- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
Robert Griffin Iii
Latest Robert Griffin Iii Items
A former Baylor basketball player is facing federal extortion charges for allegedly threatening to release "derogatory information" about Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III.
Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III was the target of an alleged extortion attempt by a former walk-on on Baylor's basketball team, according to multiple reports and court records.
Most people at minicamp look forward to watching rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III complete the kind of showy touchdown passes that attracted the Redskins to him in the first place.
There will be times this autumn, and many other instances in the years to come, when an entire fan base holds its breath watching Robert Griffin III. The exalted franchise quarterback of the Washington Redskins will tuck the football under his arm and race beyond the line of scrimmage into harm's way.
At 31, Rex Grossman has come to accept his role in Washington. He signed a one-year deal in mid-March knowing that the team almost certainly would select a quarterback with the second overall pick in the April draft. But that doesn't make it any easier to watch a 22-year-old rookie take your job.
After the linemen had traipsed off to the showers Thursday — their second week of OTAs in the books — the rest of the Washington Redskins engaged in some 7-on-7 action in the red zone. And a spirited competition it was, too. At one point, when Robert Griffin III, with no rush to worry about, took his sweet time finding an open receiver for a touchdown, secondary coach Raheem Morris pleaded, "Can we get a shot clock?"
Coach Mike Shanahan was involved in an on-field collision with cornerback Brandyn Thompson during Monday's organized team activity inside the Redskins' indoor practice facility.
In rookie minicamp earlier this month, Robert Griffin III already had the chance to prove to Mike Shanahan and the rest of the Washington coaching staff why he deserved to be the Redskins' first-round draft pick.
More than a dozen camera shutters click-clacked on the sideline Sunday as Robert Griffin III practiced taking snaps from center at the Washington Redskins' rookie minicamp. Coach Mike Shanahan watched from the opposite sideline. He has his franchise quarterback. Now he must figure out how to use him.