- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partyers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Robert Iii
He barely limped, if at all, in his first public appearance since his since undergoing surgery on Jan. 9 to revise the reconstruction of the ACL and repair the torn lateral collateral ligament in his right knee.
Robert Griffin Jr. has been a father for 27 of his 47 years on this earth. The beginning, with all its thrills and wonder, featured that awakening all new parents experience. Children, it turns out, come with no instruction booklet. Somehow the manufacturer always leaves that out of the box.
His relentless drive to excel merges the elements of Robert Griffin III — the supremely gifted athlete, the quiet kid from central Texas, the hopeless romantic, the charismatic leader, the passionate student — into one package. He is RG3.
"You always give credit where credit is due — to high school coaches, college coaches — but my dad, the foundation that he built with me, is where all of this came from," Robert III said. "The speed, the determination, the mindset, just the natural belief that you can do anything you put your mind to, it all comes from my dad."
One day, he told his dad he wanted to be better than Michael Jordan.